URN Logo
announcement The content of this page is collected from Linux Forum, All copyrights and other associated rights are reserved by the original authors of the articles.
Resources
China Linux Forum(finished)
Linux Forum(finished)
FreeBSD China(finished)
linuxforum.com
  LinuxForum General Chat
  Linux Advocacy
  LinuxForum Polls
  Introductions
  Linux Kernel Support
  Patch Management
  Development Release
  Linux Programming
  Linux Security
  Linux Software
  Linux Hardware Problems
    Linux Video Problems
    Linux Sound Problems
  Linux Networking Support
  Linux Printing Support
  Linux Human Interface Devices Support
  Linux Data Storage Support
  Linux Applications Support
  Linux Installation Support
  Linux Laptops Support
  Linux Motherboard, Chipsets, CPU, Memory
  Miscellaneous
  Debian Linux Support
  Ubuntu Linux Support
  LiveCD Discussions
  Gentoo Linux Support
  Mandrake Linux Support
  Redhat / Fedora Linux Support
  Slackware Linux Support
  SuSE Linux Support
  CentOS Linux Support
  Linux Web Servers
  Linux DNS Servers
  Linux Database Servers
  Linux Email Servers
  Linux FTP Servers
  Linux Squid Proxy Server
  Linux Samba Help
  Linux cPanel Help
  Linux Ensim Help
  Linux Plesk Help
  Linux Webmin / Usermin Help
  Qmail Toaster Help
  Linux Games
  Windows Game Emulation
  Linux Discussions
  General Linux Discussions
  Red Hat Linux Discussions
  More Red Hat Linux Discussions
  Mandrake Linux Discussions
  Slackware Linux Discussions
  SuSE Linux Discussions
  Debian Discussions
  Samba Help
  Linux Security
  Linux Networking
  Gentoo Help
  Operating System Rant Forum
  Hardware Rants

Y is Linux less frustrating than Windows?
Subject: Y is Linux less frustrating than Windows?
Author: glaive22    Posted: 2004-03-24 01:15:59    Length: 1,810 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Well I'm just surfing and doing emails n such.

I was just using KGET and I was thinking:

Why is this so easy and less frustrating than MS?

I mean take today, I couldn't update my AVG AT ALL. WTF? So I boot back into Slack and get happy.

I mean I'm finding out more and more about Linux/Slack and it's really not that hard.

Granted installing and removing software is a bit tricky but once you learn a few commands... that's about it.

I'm doing everything that I do in Windows in Linux and it's a helluva less frustrating.

Bleh it's a pointless post, but I find that once you get some stuff squared away.  Boom.

Now I am thinking of formatting my Primary Drive and reinstalling Windows 98 SE since that was my first OS and I would like to be able to play ALL of my games without any problems.

I would love to play AvP again, *AvP doesn't want to install properly in XP*, also Undying and hell even X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter.

I'm getting really tired of Window's bullshit, especially the CONSTANT lockups and crap.

I've said this in another post, but I couldn't use MediaPlayer today and I couldn't ctrl alt del at all.

WTF???

I think good old format c is coming to town. biggrin.gif

So pretty much, Windows for games and a few programs and Linux EVERYTHING else. biggrin.gif
----
Null Hypothesis:  Linux equals Happiness
Alternative Hypothesis:  Linux does not equal Happiness
I've failed to reject the Null Hypothesis, therefore my research has failed and I've committed a Type II Error and I cannot accept the Alternative Hypothesis.

My registered Linux user number is 348543.

System Specs:  P3 1ghz @133 | Abit VH6-II | 1.28GB PC133 SDRAM | 40 GB Maxtor Drive "Master" | 27.2 GB Maxtor Drive "Slave" | ATI Radeon 9600 Pro | SB Live! Value | Siemens LAN Card | AOpen DVD-ROM | Sony CD-RW Burner |

Operating Systems: "Master" Windows 2000 Pro | "Slave" Slackware 9.1
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: RootLinux    Posted: 2004-04-04 07:50:06    Length: 372 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
I used to love windows.
I liked 2000 servr best.
XP was too bloated and memory harsh.

I tried many Linux distros and found one that kicked XPs a$$.
I have not looked back.
I have XP and Xandos in dual boot but never go into XP unless my kids want to play a Windows game.
Linux does everything I need and does it a lot better.
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: x86processor    Posted: 2004-04-04 17:13:30    Length: 350 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
QUOTE

I tried many Linux distros and found one that kicked XPs a$$.

Every Linux distro kicks XPs a$$. Period.

x86
----
Linux is the kernel. The entire system is called GNU/Linux.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

My domain: shakthimaan.com (Offline)
orkut ID: shakthimaan
IRC nick: mbuf
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: thehemi    Posted: 2004-04-05 17:12:26    Length: 285 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Default SuSE and Red Hat installs are bloated, too.
You have to know what you are doing to tune them
down to a more useable size.  I need to do a basic
Windows XP and SuSE/Red Hat load to see how the
disk space and resource usages really compare...

----
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: SuseUX    Posted: 2004-04-05 19:50:23    Length: 753 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
QUOTE (thehemi @ Apr 5 2004, 05:12 PM)
You have to know what you are doing to tune them
down to a more useable size.  I need to do a basic
Windows XP and SuSE/Red Hat load to see how the
disk space and resource usages really compare...

That is simply not true, boated is things you dont need and slow the system down, with any linux distro you can install whatever you want. Comparing diskspace and resources to XP is like comparing apples with oranges.
----
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: emanresu    Posted: 2004-04-07 12:22:12    Length: 267 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Can't update AVG is not a problem with XP... It is the problem with grisoft... it used to be fast, but now, everytime I have to wait for 5 minutes before it will download the updates... (is their server running windows?)

Patience, my friend, patience.
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: glaive22    Posted: 2004-04-07 13:22:36    Length: 155 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
That may be true, but I believe it's more than that.

Windows is just pure BS.  Too bad that it's not open source.

----