URN Logo
announcement The content of this page is collected from Linux Forum, All copyrights and other associated rights are reserved by the original authors of the articles.
Resources
China Linux Forum(finished)
Linux Forum(finished)
FreeBSD China(finished)
linuxforum.com
  LinuxForum General Chat
  Linux Advocacy
  LinuxForum Polls
  Introductions
  Linux Kernel Support
  Patch Management
  Development Release
  Linux Programming
  Linux Security
  Linux Software
  Linux Hardware Problems
    Linux Video Problems
    Linux Sound Problems
  Linux Networking Support
  Linux Printing Support
  Linux Human Interface Devices Support
  Linux Data Storage Support
  Linux Applications Support
  Linux Installation Support
  Linux Laptops Support
  Linux Motherboard, Chipsets, CPU, Memory
  Miscellaneous
  Debian Linux Support
  Ubuntu Linux Support
  LiveCD Discussions
  Gentoo Linux Support
  Mandrake Linux Support
  Redhat / Fedora Linux Support
  Slackware Linux Support
  SuSE Linux Support
  CentOS Linux Support
  Linux Web Servers
  Linux DNS Servers
  Linux Database Servers
  Linux Email Servers
  Linux FTP Servers
  Linux Squid Proxy Server
  Linux Samba Help
  Linux cPanel Help
  Linux Ensim Help
  Linux Plesk Help
  Linux Webmin / Usermin Help
  Qmail Toaster Help
  Linux Games
  Windows Game Emulation
  Linux Discussions
  General Linux Discussions
  Red Hat Linux Discussions
  More Red Hat Linux Discussions
  Mandrake Linux Discussions
  Slackware Linux Discussions
  SuSE Linux Discussions
  Debian Discussions
  Samba Help
  Linux Security
  Linux Networking
  Gentoo Help
  Operating System Rant Forum
  Hardware Rants

[Samba] authenticating against windows server 2003
Subject: [Samba] authenticating against windows server 2003
Author: Owen, Mary    Posted: 2004-06-02 04:40:05    Length: 809 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
I have a windows 2003 server and a SAMBA file server.

I appear to have joined the ads realm.  When I do a klist I have 3 tickets.
for krbtgt,kadmin,kdc server

from my SAMBA file server I can access all shares on windows 2003 machine.

When my 2003 clients try to access the samba file server they get the login
box.
It doesn't matter what you enter it will not allow access.  My windows 2003
server is also denied access to my SAMBA file server.

I have run out of ideas, so any ideas .......
--

[Original] [Print] [Top]
Author: Christoph Scheeder    Posted: 2004-06-02 05:00:27    Length: 1,304 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
Hi,
What versions of samba and kerberos?
i had to install MIT-kerberos-v1.3.3 and samba-3.0.5pre1 to get this
working with a win2k-ADS-server, a samba-member-server and win2k
clients. Older Versions definitly didn't work.
Christoph

QUOTE

Author: Tommy Lindqvist    Posted: 2004-06-03 00:50:08    Length: 1,977 byte(s)
[Original] [Print] [Top]
I have probably the same problem.

I can use
net ads users -S ADS-Server.IP.or.Name
But I cannot use
net ads users

I am currently investigating my Kerberos setup to see what can be done.
Samba needed to go to 3.0.5RC1 in order to successfully join the domain.

Regards,

Tommy

QUOTE